Monday, June 23, 2008

JAMAICA--MONDAY NIGHT

Today has been the craziest day. As Brother Jack said the devil is working overtime because he
is anticipating God using us to do great things for God's kingdom!!

After David and Jack got the luggage--about 2 hours---- for Reid's group from the airport that group was able to shower---Reid said that made him feel like he had had 4 hours more of sleep.

We met with the commissioner of prisons and the chaplains for the detention center. The group was given pretty exact instructions on what to wear and dos and don'ts. Then all of the sudden we were all going to go into the prisons and detention centers.

The kids were so greatwith the change & we all went and changed and ate a quick snack and then ----we weren't going because it was decided by the commissioner that it was too late.
God is so in this......

So then the first question was----can we have lunch?



The kids got a day to plan for VBS, the messages for the prisons---but they also got to relax, swim and just hang out. We had pizza from pizza hut for lunch--yum!

I am so proud of the kids they are so excited and so prepared for each of their areas. I can't wait for tomorrow! I can't wait to see what God has planned for us.

We had a praise and worship service and played some icebreakers with some of the church members after supper. Supper by the way was pork, chicken,goat, rice and veggies.
The pork and chicken were great---Gene and Reid said the goat was good.

We've learned several new songs that I am sure the youth will share with Karen Kelso and Rick Jordan.

We are having fun too----Carmen, Nancy, Reid and I went with Fabian and Jasen to Mega-Mart
to grocery shop. That was like going to walmart.

I am excited about VBS, being in the schools and hearing from the prison groups tomorrow.

Please pray for our safety and for all the plans I know God has for us this week.

God thank you for getting us through this day. Thank you for sending us this wonderful group
that is so flexible and so willing to do anything for your glory. amen

Trelle

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Im so glad everyone got some much needed rest and relaxation, and I can't wait to hear how God uses each of you as the groups go their separate ways!!! Love y'all and praying for you!!!

Leigh F.

Unknown said...

Hey Trelle,
Thanks for updating the website. I just wanted you know that I don't have the snapfish information. Would you please send it to me so I can have it? I can't wait to hear all about the trip. The Nic Team did a great job sharing Sunday night. Tell everyone hello and that I'm praying for yall.