Monday, October 6, 2008

To God Be the Glory

Sunday was an awesome day.......

Dan preached on Steeple People about John the Baptist

and how bold John was in sharing Jesus. How it is all

about Jesus and not about us. Dan challenged us

to mention the name of Jesus in conversation with everyone

we meet or talk with this week. What a great idea!

I can't wait to see how God uses this ......

It was great to see the Barwicks at church.

Know you continue to be in our prayers.....

Our 2nd grade SS group is so BIG--

about 20 strong every week so far.

The story of Abram---Abraham and

his faithfulness is such a wonderful story

for each of us.

We took the afternoon off from

Bible Drill. i had a much needed rest

while David took Matt and Josh out to

play golf. I am so thankful that

my boys and David enjoy golf and hunting.

It keeps them so close and connected.

Dan and David each did a great job on

Sunday night. Dan read about Paul and

the passage where he says he is not ashamed

of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Lord help us to be

BOLD for you each day!!

David shared his Africa video and about the

experiences there. The most awesome

story is that a mother trying to breastfeed did

not have any milk, after asking for prayer and Jerry

praying for her-----HER MILK CAME IN!!!!

God is so awesome......

Today(Monday) has been full of blessings as well

I got to sleep a little late....

I went to Jamie Blackwell's dad's funeral--

My heart hurts for Jamie but the service was

so beautiful. The music was so peaceful...

It is well with my soul.....I'll fly away....amazing grace..

with the guitar.

Please keep their family in your prayers.......

Reading from Tina and Trin on their blogs is

a sweet blessing. David and I told

Dan last night that we would love to be going

with Tim and Tina on our journey too...

But God has a plan and we are waiting on him..........

Staying home and not having a schedule is just

an unbelievable blessing....

Thank you God for these blessings.

You are my Abba Father

post signature

1 comment:

leigh said...

I love reading your blog. I love how you open your heart and describe how God is working in your life. Thank you for mentioning our family in your blog. Without a doubt, we are receiving comfort and blessings as a result of prayers that have been offered in our behalf. Thank you for loving on my family, and my little prayer warrior, Ben.

Love,
Leigh