Monday, October 13, 2008

Fall Break 2008

Wow It is 12:22 am---I haven't stayed up this late

since I worked night shift. That is what happens when

I sleep in till 1030...........Tuesday is gonna be rough--Fall break is over

and 5:45 am will be here shortly.

So much for a quiet break---Thomas, Jacob and I rode

to Hiawassee and stayed at Neil & Penny's house Tuesday and

picked a rather smelly, wet Ben up from the AT on Wednesday.

Following a trip to Goats on a Roof in Clayton we got our

pumpkin from Burt's and then picked apples at Reece's

Apple House. We have been doing this for about 15 or so

years. David and I love to tent camp but that didn't work

out this year. and when it was pouring at 6am

Wednesday I was really thanking God I was not in a

tent....I do have to confess that as much as I love the apple

picking and the pumpkin farm the best part are the fried

apple pies and the pumpkin roll---yummy!!

Then we drove home-----we left the outlet mall around 4--bad idea

rain and lots of it....traffic and lots of it.......

285 was stalled so we went through ATL----we still made it home

from Dawsonville in about 6 hours with a couple of stops--not bad!

Thursday we headed to the beach---thanks Pam& Phil for

sharing your place. Fall is the best time for the beach.

It was heavenly!!I read two books and the boys played in the

pool, and ocean---it is never too cool for them.

David & Josh came down on Friday pm. They played

football on the sandbar!

Saturday pm we went to Buffalo's and ate wings and

watched the GA-tenn game and about every other game

that was on television!!

We returned to the real world Sunday. Home by twelve-thirty

David, Thomas and Benj had a COH for scouts, followed by

Bible Drill, Youth Choir, Life groups and church.

Now I remember why I slept till 1030 am today------

I was tired!!

post signature

No comments: