Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Costa Rica--Tuesday afternoon

I am sitting here looking out the window at the beautiful mountains of Costa Rica.
But between here and there are an unbelievable number of homes made of tin.

We survived the Barrio this afternoon and i was very safe---david carried the backpack and camera. I did take some pictures but I was very careful with it.

The barrio is a community of about 300 tin houses that consist of a kitchen and den and bedroom. The whole house is about the size of my bedroom. It is on a hill side and from what i am told we picked the last good week to come here. Next week starts the rainy season for Costa Rica and the hillside will be just a mudslide then till November. But Brooke and Matt and their family will go everyday and do discipleship with the families. Ron Droke and his son Morgan and the pastor and his wife went with us. We loved getting to walk and visit with the people and children there.
One man who had had surgery and was living in a "nicer" house built by a christian company asked us to pray for him and we all did.

The people and kids here are quick to smile but they live such a hard life---their hope is in God and their reward will be in heaven.

Please hug on my boys---I know i say this everytime but we do miss them so much.
It is by far the hardest thing for me to do when I say goodbye.

Pray for us tomorrow as we go out to another section of Costa Rica with Mark and Meg.
It is awesome to see them connecting and making relationships with these people so they are discipled after they accept Jesus.

I am soo excited to see Tim and Tina and the kids--I will be sure to post pictures when we are back from supper.


post signature

1 comment:

Chuck & Jennie said...

Glad to hear everything is going well. Lots of folks praying for you back here. Keep us updated.

Love ya'll.
Chuck & Jennie