Sunday, December 21, 2008

LIFE IS NOT PERFECT

I remember when I was a kid and there was something magical about Christmas---

at least for the day I thought ---IT WAS PERFECT!!!

Now that I am an adult I fall into the trap of trying to make that day perfect for

my family. But Dan's sermon today really made me think----the reality is that LIFE IS NOT PERFECT not just for me but for the world----even on Christmas day. Being a Christian doesn't mean everything is perfect and all is right with the world BUT that God is there to carry you through..............

This Christmas I think about different people in my life and pray for their situations....

Haley Eason, Lois Jackson, Mark Hanna, my daddy, Jason's mama,
the Barwick family, the Herndon family, Timmy Weaver, Roxanne's
husband who is having a heart cath in Tally tomorrow,
people I know who are going through a divorce, people who have lost their jobs
people with financial problems, friends expecting a baby, families with new babies,
college kids, kids making decisions about college, the Louderbacks as they
go to Texas for Christmas and then to Costa Rica on Jan 2nd!!....

............the list is neverending!!

We met with Jack Cummings who is a missionary with Christian Light Foundation.
David went with him to Africa and he went with us to Nicaragua and
Jamaica. Pray for us that we will follow God's will for our lives. Where do we go
from here?? In the new year we will be finding a new house and making commitments
for the mission field. Again I ask that you would pray for us.......

post signature

No comments: